Born in 1975, in Tunis. Today, he is based and works in Paris.
Before taking his first steps in the world of the image, Samir Tlatli graduated from a Business School in Carthage.
After holding a degree in directing, editing and cinematography from Prague film school in Czech Republic in 2011, Samir flies to Paris in 2012. Studies of photography and dreams in his head. He is full of will to succeed and find his way in the city of lights, where he graduated from the International Institute of Professional Photography (SPEOS).
In 2013, thanks to this success and a second place obtained in a European photography contest, Samir applied for a residence card bearing the mention Artist, unfortunately he was the subject of a refusal of residence accompanied by an obligation to leave the territory.
In view of his strong commitment to the cultural and artistic life in France, Samir has since remained in the territory with the hope of regularizing his administrative situation, over the passion he holds for art photography.
Throughout the hard times, Samir discovers exploitation, blues, loss of identity, fear and exhaustion. His only warm sources are the active and generous encounters he finds on his path, his love for his young family, and his desire for learning.
It was in an abandoned building in a suburb of the Paris region that he eventually set up his studio. In isolation, he will fill that void by the creation of images.
He has been offered the opportunity to deepen his knowledge in photography through many internships, and in particular, those at the agency VU’ where his meeting with Claudine Doury has illuminated his personal choices.
//Prizes and awards
- Bronze Medal at the Salon des artistes Français, Grand Palais 2018.
- Prix Maison Européenne de la photographie 2017 : French Artists Fair held at Grand Palais in Paris.
- Prix SPEOS Institute 2017 : French Artists Fair, Grand Palais, Paris.
- Photography award : SCAE World Of Coffee photography competition at Rimini 2014, Italy.
- Honourable Mention IPA 2013, Fine art, Still life category, International Photography Award Competition.